Innovation and Change Management
This subject provides a basic understanding related to Innovation and Managing Change in this ever-changing VUCA world….where the only constant is change!
The understanding of Innovation as well as the individual, team, work-group and organizational interventions will enable the participants / learners to understand, build and demonstrate competencies at two levels: personal effectiveness and professional performance, thus adding substantial value to individual and team performance in meeting with the functional / organizational goals under Innovation and Change Management.
Enabling the learners to :
- Understand innovation, innovative models and implementing those Models in organization.
- Understand OD Intervention techniques and implement it effectively at the workplace.
- Appreciate resistance-to-change, and strategies to overcome those resistances.
- Enable learners with in-depth understanding of individual, team, work-group or organizational interventions to work successfully.
- Develop and Enhance Competencies to use the Innovative and Change Management techniques effectively at workplace.
- Have a tool-kit of methods that can help learners in implementing innovative techniques.
- Understand the pros and cons of each of the various OD Intervention techniques and to implement these effectively at the work-place.
- Be able to select the most appropriate individual, team, work-group or organizational interventions to work through successfully.
- Be able to apply the Competencies gained, to use Innovative and Change Management techniques in the organization they work / consult / advise.
Module 1: Innovation and Role of Innovation in Change Management
- An Introduction to Innovation and Change Management
- Importance of innovation
- Role of Innovation in Change Management
- Steps or Stages of Successful Innovation Implementation Process
- Innovation Models: 8 Steps to Innovation
- Risks associated with Innovation and overcoming them
Module 2: Anticipating Change and Understanding Culture
- Introduction to Change Management, Organization Development and Organizational Change
- Goals and Values of OD; OD Versus OT
- Understanding Corporate Culture
- Cultural Resistance to Change
- Model for Organizational Development
- Organizational Renewal- Adapting to Change
- Organization in its Systems Approach and as an Open System; Socio-technical System; Contingency Approach
Module 3: Understanding the OD and Change Process and Overcoming Resistance to Change
- OD Practitioner Styles; External-Internal Practitioners
- Forming Practitioner-Client Relationships and Red-flags in the relationship
- The Diagnostic Process; Diagnostic Models, Red flags in the Diagnosis
- Life-cycle of Resistance to Change
- Change Model- Driving Forces and Restraining Forces towards Change Programs
- Strategies to lessen resistance to change
- Case Application / Activity-based learning on resistance to change
Module 4: Developing Excellence in Individuals- Understanding Individual Interventions
- An Overview of the Change / OD Strategies – Structural, Technological and Behavioral
- Stream Analysis
- Process Interventions- Meaning and Types
- Appreciative Inquiry- and its application
- Employee Empowerment and Interpersonal Interventions – Johari Window Model and Transactional Analysis; Stress Management and Burnout
- Application and Activity-based exercise
Module 5: Developing High-Performance Teams – Understanding Team Interventions
- Team Development Interventions
- Team Development Process
- Outdoor Experiential Laboratory Training; Role Negotiation : Role Analysis
- Work-team Development
- Job design, Total Quality Management and Self-managed work teams
- Case-study application / Activity-based exercise
Module 6: Developing Successful Organizations –Understanding Organizational Interventions & Future of OD
- High-Performance Work Systems and Learning Organization
- Re-engineering; Grid OD Program; System 4 Management; Third-wave Organization
- Challenges and Future of OD; OD Versus OT ; Strategic Change Management
Module 7: Revision Class
Revision of all Modules / Discussion of question papers/Peer Learning
Mode/Inclusive Methods in classes: Whiteboard, Case Study Discussions, Lectures/Demonstrations, Audio-Visuals, Role Play, Class Discussion/Interactivity, GD/ Debate Sessions, Class Quizzes, Practice and QnA.
In addition, Faculty may adopt other methods as applicable.
- 8 Steps To Innovation (Kindle *Flip Mode reading, and Paperback Editions), By Rishikesha T. Krishnan, Vinay Dhabolkar; Collins India (latest Edition). Winner of ISTD Book Award, 2013-14.
- An Experiential Approach to Organization Development, By Donald Brown and Donald Harvey; Pearson Prentice Hall (Latest Edition)
- Organization Development: Behavioral Science Interventions for organization, By Wendell French and Cecil Bell, PHI (Latest Edition)
- Organization Development and Change, Worley, Thomson (Latest Edition)
- Managing Change, Creativity and Innovation, By Andriopoulos, Dawson, Sage Publishing (Latest Edition )