Training Methods - Experiential
COURSE OVERVIEW“Learning by Doing” leads to better absorption and retention. Several innovations have been made in the last 70 years in training methodologies by moving from traditional methods to experiential methods to create a learning impact.
- Developing experiential and behavioural skills for professional and personal development to meet organizational and learner needs
- Enabling the holistic growth of Learners and become employable or to excel at work
- Understanding the need and influence of experiential learning on employee performance and personality
- Making learners become flexible and would themselves to suit to changing business scenarios
- Gain knowledge on the Motivation Theories and be able to differentiate the content and process theories of motivation and experience better self-development to perform better at the workplace.
- . Able to understand the importance of experiential learning and its significance in personal and professional lives
- Able to undergo a transformation in behaviour and become sensitive as professionals.
Able to become aware of legalities, protocols to be abided by at the workplace.
Module 1:Overview of Motivational Theories
Motivational Theories: Content and Process Theories related to Learning needs, Difference between Content and Process theories, Inter-relationship between Motivational Theories and Learning Methods.
Module 2: Overview of Experiential Methods
Introduction, Types of Experiential Methods, Purpose and context of using Experiential Learning Methods, Challenges of using experiential methods in online training.
Module 3:Role Plays / Case Study Role Plays
Types of Role Plays, How to make the role plays more effective, Advantages and Disadvantages, Live role play sessions (virtual / classroom / Outbound)
Module 4: Simulation Exercises and Other popular Methods
Equipment Simulation, Lab-based training
Examples: Tower Building, Win as much as you can, Lost at Sea, Cave Rescue, Ring Toss Exercise, Broken Square.
Other popular methods covered: In-basket exercises, Behaviour Modelling, Games, World Café Facilitation, Projective Techniques.
Module 5: Sensitivity Training / T Group Training
POSH (Prevention of Sexual Harassment) with case scenarios, Diversity & Inclusion
Knowledge of unstructured training intervention
Module 6: Outbound Training (OBT)
- Meaning of OBT
- Prerequisites, Precautions, Conducting OBT, Advantages and Disadvantages
Module 7: Revision Class
Mode/Inclusive Methods in classes: Flipped Classroom, Whiteboard, Case Study Discussions, Lectures/Demonstrations, Audio-Visuals, Role Play, Class Discussion/Interactivity, Class Quizzes, Practice, and QnA.
Also, the Faculty may adopt other methods as applicable.